Today we bring to your attention the step by step instructions on how to make a bee trap for the standard framework of Dadan. Here you can see the drawing pattern of bee catchers, learn what tools and materials are needed for the production. Interested? Well, then read on!
Suppose you had a great desire to catch bees in the woods, but do not know how to make a bee trap. Not a problem! We’ll help you with this.
Start with buying the stuff. Here is a complete list of what you will need to make two traps:
- 4 mm (0.15”) plywood sheet size 1525*1525 (60*60”)
- Four bars section 25*25 (1*1”) 3 meters (9.8′) length or six bars 2 meters (6.5′) length
- 120 screws with pointed disk 4.2*19 (0.1*0.7”)
- Oil paint, dark green 0.5 kg
- Brush for painting
These traps can be made at home. Here is a list of tools that are needed for the job:
- Metal ruler
Now we proceed to production. First you need to draw on sheet of plywood. Drawing patterns are in the image below. For convenience, we have numbered the parts.
- Sheet of 4 mm plywood is composed of three perpendicular glued layers. As a result, “horizontal” plywood is a more rigid in bending than “vertical”. Grain direction you need to orient relatively to the drawing pattern as shown in the figure below. This is done so that the side walls of the trap (which do not have upper limit) are more stringent.
- If you like to do everything to the nearest millimeter, then, consider the width of the cutting saws (1-2 mm) (0.03”). The figure below is a schematic where we showed where to cut directly on the line, and where close to the line.
Now about the cutting of a beam. Here is a list of pieces that are needed to be done:
- 497 mm (19.5”) - 8 pcs. (Part 6)
- 434 mm (17.1”) – 8 pcs. (Part 7)
- 286 mm (11.2”) – 4 pcs. (Part 8)
- 226 mm (8.9”) – 4 pcs. (Part 9)
- 173 mm (6.8″”) – 4 pcs. (Item 10)
All preparatory works have been completed. Go directly to the assembly of the trap. Part 7, 9 and 10 are fastened to the part 1 .
To keep to the limit on the screws, they are screwed as shown in the next photo.
Part 2 is fixed to the part 6. Extreme screws not screwed close to the edge, because side walls will be attached to these places.
Next stage – the combination of all the side walls as shown in the photo below.
Parts 6 and 10 should be at the bottom. The bottom is attached to them (part 3).
Now proceed to the assembly of cover of the trap. Attach pieces 6 and 8 to the piece 4.
Now we have part 5. It will be used to fix the frame, as shown in this photo.
Final stage – painting. After painting the trap must be aired for five days in the open air. Just do not paint the inside of the trap! Well, that’s done! Trap volume is 50 liters – this is normal.
As a notches can serve two inch diameter hole.